This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

  1. Home

Apply for ozone-depleting substances (ODS) import and export licence

Apply for a licence:

  • to import ODS substances and mixtures
  • to export ODS substances and mixtures
  • for aviation
Start now

Before you start

You'll need :

  • your UK organisation ID
    Register to get your organisation ID
  • details of the exporter you’re getting the ODS from
  • details of the importer you’re sending the ODS to
  • details of the substances you’re exporting or importing
    (for example, chemical name and quantity you want to import or export)

If you’re an aircraft operator and you import or export products or equipment, you’ll need details of:

  • the halons you use
  • their purpose

Help with your ODS licence application

Telephone: 03708 506 506
Telephone from outside the UK: +44 (0)114 282 5312
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm